| * Coordinating and providing the relevant documentation needed to obtain the 501C 3 status.|
* Presently working with the department of education at Belmont University in Nashville, TN to provide summer teacher training for the educators in Sierra Leone.
* Developing a web site for the Cotton Tree Foundation detailing information about the organization and planned activities. We anticipate launching this web site in the early part of 2008.
* Recently met with the Drug and General Merchandise Coordinator with the Kroger Company in Louisville, KY and discussed possibilities of Kroger’s commitment to furnish school supplies for the children to be used in Sierra Leone.
* Working with Oak Hill School in Nashville, TN to develop partnership initiatives between them and a school in Sierra Leone. The 6th grade class at Oak Hill School has recently launched a campaign to raise funds and prepare backpacks for children in Sierra Leone.
* The story that ran on WSMV News Channel 4 “Single Handed Hero” was nominated for an Emmy Award this fall of 2007 for the best human-interest story category. The winner of the category will be revealed in January 2008 on the award show.
| | |
Rights Reserved 2008 Cotton Tree Foundation